Thursday, May 31, 2001

Well, I've finished the trial runs

Well, I've finished the trial runs of the Idiomatic Perl course and all the feedback was very positive. Acxiom are keen for me to run it again soon and I might get a chance to try out the Competant Perl course as well.

Noticed a couple of days ago that the version of perlfaq2 in Perl 5.6.1 includes DMP in its list of recommended Perl books. As there are only a dozen or so on the list I consider that quite an achievement.

Oh, and I got home last night to find a cheque from Manning. It's five months until I expect my first royalty cheque, but it turned out to be my share of the publishing royalty from the people who want to publish it in Brazil. So I'm expecting to see a Portugese version pretty soon.

Which will be weird but interesting.

No comments: